Friday, December 18, 2009

Bah Humbug

Since I began knitting 6 years ago, I have discovered that
holiday knitting + me = psycho.

Therefore I just don't do it. Why delude myself with grandeur plans of knitting scarves, hats, mittens, etc? When the reality is:

1). I do NOT do well with time contraints (one and only exception, Socks from the Toe up KAL).

2). I prefer to celebrate the holiday season stress-free. Therefore, I choose NOT to exchange gifts at this time of year. I do not decorate my place. I do not spend money I don't have. The more stress I can eliminate, the better for EVERYONE around me.

This would be extent of my holiday knitting (which it really isn't since it should have been completed for my boss in August but those time constraints..):

Fascinate Scarf

Fascinate Scarf

Pattern: Fascinate from Berocco.com
Yarn: Jade Sapphire Silk/Cashmere 2-ply in Silver Fox
Needles: size 7
Started: May 29, 2009
Finished: December 16,2009
Recipient: wife of one of my bosses

I thoroughly enjoyed knitting with the Jade Sapphire Silk/Cashmere. Yes, it was buttery goodness in my hands. Perhaps, it took me so long because subconciously, I secretly wanted to keep it for myself!

This week, the winter Knitty came out. I have been returning to the project page at least once a day to eye the lovelies. I can literally see myself knitting at least SIX of the projects!

Since, I could not wait until one of my WIPs was completed, I cast on the Citron by Hilary Smith Callis.

Citron

Pattern Citron by Hilary Smith Callis
Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Lettuce
Needles: size 6
Started: December 16,2009

The pattern is a breeze. This shawlette is perfect for Houston weather! Oh, and it is the BEST justification (in my mind anyway) to purchase more Malabrigo!

My second finished item this week is, yes, another pair of toe-up socks with a gusset heel:


Toe Up Sock with Gusset Heel

Pattern: Toe-Up Socks with Gusset Heel by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn
Colorway: Lumberjack
Needles: Size 1
Started: December 1, 2009
Completed: December 17,2009
Cast on: Judy's Magic Cast On
Heel : Gusset
Cast off : Sewn bind off

I must always have a plain vanilla sock on the needles. It's like my security blanket. I cast on this pretty yesterday:

Toe Up Sock with Gusset Heel

Pattern: Toe-Up Socks with Gusset Heel by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Tempted Good Grrl Superwash Merino
Colorway: Thigh Highs
Needles: Size 1
Started: December 17, 2009
Cast on: Judy's Magic Cast On
Heel(to be used) : Gusset
Cast off (to be used): Sewn bind off

No comments: