Saturday, December 26, 2009

Socks!

I finished another pair of socks:

Toe Up Sock with Gusset Heel

Pattern: Toe-Up Socks with Gusset Heel by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Tempted Good Grrl Superwash Merino
Colorway: Thigh Highs
Needles: Size 1
Started: December 17, 2009
Finished: December 24, 2009
Cast on: Judy's Magic Cast On
Heel : Gusset
Cast off : Sewn bind off


There are still a few days left in December. So, I decided to cast on yet another pair of socks. I am hoping to have them done by the 31st (fingers crossed).

Toe Up Sock with Gusset Heel

Pattern: Toe-Up Socks with Gusset Heel by Wendy Johnson
Yarn: Seacoast Handpainted Superwash Sock
Colorway: Royal
Needles: Size 1
Started: December 24, 2009
Cast on: Judy's Magic Cast On
Heel (to be used) : Gusset
Cast off (to be used): Sewn bind off

This yarn had some serious pooling action at 64 stitches. Since I am not the biggest fan of pooling, I cast on 72 stitches for the size large. So far the fit seems okay. I almost always stick with the 64 stitches for a medium sock and the fit is perfect.

I'm now off to stash dive and decide what yarn to use for next month's Socks from the Toe Up KAL.

No comments: